Mixed Martial Art is a full-fledged sport that combines contrasting fighting styles including Karate, Kickboxing, Wrestling, Muay Thai and the Brazilian game Ju Jitsu. For an aspiring MMA athlete. Having the right type of gloves is of utmost importance for bringing out the best of their performance in the ring and for safety reasons as well. It’s significant for a fighter to have extra available pairs of specialized MMA gloves, both for training purpose and for the competitive fighting purpose. MMA fighting and training gloves are both different from each other whether it may be about the material or the padding of the gloves. Knowing about the differences between the gloves for a fighter is must because that only will help him to get the competitive edge over the other up to an extent. So let’s figure out the differences between them at top-boxing-gloves.com and get ready for our next battle.
MMA Fight Gloves
● MMA fighting gloves hold a minimal range of padding, and they usually measure around 4 ounces or fewer. The weight anyway depends on the rules of the competition. The palm portion of the Hand is covered, leaving the fingers detached and keep it accessible for free movement and the best capability to hold onto the rival fighter. Because the gloves are made with minimal padding, it must be kept in mind by the fighter to make use of wraps for hands or inner gloves as they will become your sole protection if in case you are in the battle arena.
● MMA gloves also have pre-formed curves which are useful for shock absorption. When you are up against some beast in a fight. The fighting gloves are so carefully designed so as to provide you comfort even in your fighting sessions.
● These are the gloves that are actually used in professional MMA bouts. So if you are really up for buying one of them, and then you must buy the ones which are approved by the organization for the fight. For example, the UFC fighters wear the official UFC competition gloves for their cage battles.
MMA Training Gloves
● For the training purpose, MMA training gloves go by multiple names though they all mean the same thing. They have disjointed fingers with padding that covers up to the secondary knuckle. Such design with enough of the padding provides an equalized line of protection.
● MMA also includes sparring and bag workouts during the training period which basically focuses on your striking and punching technique. These gloves weigh around 7 ounces, which is way heavier than the fighting gloves. The extra padding on the top and front of these gloves is provided for protection of your hands while you train yourself to beat the hell out of the punching bag. These gloves are not best suited for grappling, but they are the best in the field of punching. So if you want to make your striking skills perfect, then you have got to put on these gloves and just get started with them.